2013 Petite Sirah | American
- Nearly a decade old and this Petite Sirah has barely blinked an eye. The power and structure expected in Balistreri Petites lives on in this exceptional vintage. However, in its age the wine has grown tender and soft, sporting a vulnerable and eloquent side draped over its masculine exterior. This Petite is primarily earthy, giving aromas of black licorice, spiced soils and garnet hard candies. Fruit flavors are subtle and dance behind cocoa, black plum skin, and bitter violet petals. Finishing this wine you will notice a lingering robust tannin—showcasing its continued longevity while making you beg for rich demi sauces & filets.
2019 Colorado Pinot Noir
- This special Pinot Noir was grown in the West Elks AVA of Colorado. It was farmed with biodynamic principles, without the use of chemical sprays, instead preferring holistic and natural approaches in the vineyard. As always, we produced the wine without chemicals or sulfites, fermenting the fruit whole cluster on it's own wild yeasts. Coming from a cooler climate than the rest of our wines, this beautiful Pinot Noir has tremendous energy and lift. The acidity is backed by sturdy tannins on an otherwise light bodied wine. Only two barrels of this special Pinot Noir were made.
2014 Colorado Syrah | Horse Mountain
- A gorgeous vintage of Horse Mountain we’ve had tucked away for seven years now! Boysenberries and deep red licorice, let this special wine open up with air and reveal peppercorn and exotic spices! This is richer Syrah with more weight, depth, and classic warm climate expressions. Decant and allow this wine to breath for at least an hour to unfold the classic tart cherry and raspberry we’ve all come to love from Horse Mountain.
2015 Colorado Merlot (Lovies Vineyard)
- A supreme vintage that demonstrates everything wonderful about Lovies wines! Incredible concentration is balanced against pure and striking fruit flavors. Just now reaching its full potential!
2018 Colorado Merlot (Lovies Vineyard)
- Forget everything you know about Merlot! This Merlot defies varietal expectations and is easily one of our most impressive Merlots. Black cherry, raspberry candy and rich chocolate fill out the flavor profile. This is a serious Merlot and can easily compete with any Cabernet out there.
2009 Colorado Cabernet Sauvignon (Lovies Vineyard)
- With over a decade in the bottle, this Cabernet is singing! Exuberant and delightful melodies of black cherry, raspberry and bramble fruit fill the palate, while gentle tannins guide the finish.
2018 Colorado Cabernet Sauvignon (Lovies Vineyard)
- A classic and jawdropping Balistreri Cabernet. Although young, this shows amazing maturity and depth overall. The structure is solid but pleasing with immense dark fruit character and incredible length. No doubt this is a powerful and serious wine, yet it retains beautiful balance and vibrancy.
2012 Colorado Petite Sirah
- This wine commands your attention with captivating aromas of stewed berries, soft cream & subtle spice. On the palate, the fruit flavors are fully developed and seamlessly transition into a silky subtle finish. Just now starting to unwind and certainly has the tannin structure to keep going.
2018 Colorado Petite Sirah (Talbott Vineyard)
- Petite Sirah is one of our favorite grapes, and this is no exception. Full bodied, powerful and fruit forward like most—however, this vintage is unique with notes of black pepper, exotic Asian spice and a unique cigar box aroma. Not to be missed!
Colorado Cherry | (Stranahan Barrel) (375mL)
- A very special cherry wine that is aged in a Stranahan whiskey barrel. This adds interesting whiskey flavors to this already delicious dessert wine. Almond, spice and strawberry aromas are followed by sweet hazelnut and cherry flavors, reminiscent of fresh Summer cherry pie.
Balistreri Port | Stranahan Barrel
- A very special Port that was aged in Stranahan whiskey barrels! Unless you are willing to travel to the Douro Valley itself, you will not find a more authentic Port than this! We source traditional Portuguese varietals to create this delicious, sweet “Ruby style” port. This vintage has a beautiful focus and energy, which brings a liveliness to the sweet, rich dark fruit flavors. Not to be missed!